Heather over at A Pen & A Plan nominated me and 10 other ladies for The Sunshine Blogger Award. I am humbled and grateful for your nomination!
I found Heather’s corner of the Internet on Instagram and have been a fan ever since because she combines planning & organizing with crafts and HANDWRITING! Her penmanship skills are amazing, go check her out!
Because I’m forever a teacher, here’s how this is gonna go:
- My Q&A: Answers to My Nomination Questions
- My 11 Nominees
- Their Nomination Questions
- The Rules to Accept Your Nomination
♥ What is your favorite book? Why is it your favorite?
Oh, man… It’s a tie between Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls and the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. The former has been a long-time favorite because it was the first book that really
moved me made me cry like a baby (in my 1st grade empathetic space). I love Harry Potter because I uncover layers and layers of life lessons every time I read or watch the movies, especially the older I get. It’s pure genius.
♥ What is one of your favorite memories?
Hearing my daughter laugh for the first time. It’s my Patronus charm – the thought I invoke when I find myself mulling over the past or getting too anxious about the future.
♥ What are your top 3 songs to listen to right now?
- Formation – Beyoncé (my ‘get-the-day-started’ song)
- Today – Smashing Pumpkins
- The “Focus Pocus” playlist on Tidal (it all sounds like one long song, so I listen to it when I’m working).
♥ Do you use a planner?
No. I use 3. I have a medium Happy Planner used for scheduling social media & blog topics. I have a large 2018 Happy Planner used for macro-scheduling, and a Passion Planner to record and reflect on what I’ve done for the day.
(I really love stickers.)
♥ What is a quote that inspires you to go after your dreams?
“Bravery will lead you to your destiny.”
♥ What are you looking forward to in 2018?
Seeing the impact of my organizing business and self-care course offerings on women’s lives, and seeing how happier women make a happier world.
♥ If you could have a coffee date with anyone, dead or alive, who would you want to meet up with and why? What would you want to chat about?
- My dad (died when I was 15, didn’t see him much before then) – ’cause a girl got questions;
- Gary Vee – energy like that, I just want in my sphere of existence for at least 15 seconds;
- Beyoncé – again, energy; and
- My grandchild (from 20-30 years in the future!) – to deliver some nuggets of wisdom on how to take over the world.
♥ Do you like celebrating holidays? If yes, which holiday is your favorite?
Did you know January 24 was National Belly Laugh Day? That’s my kinda holiday. I like the random, niche, cult holidays, like National Pizza Day or International Coffee Day. The feeling of Christmas is cool, without the religious pretext.
♥ Where has been the coolest place you have ever visited? What made it so neat?
I studied abroad in New Zealand when I was in college. It. Was. Amazing. Everything about it.
Then for Spring Break we went to Rarotonga, which was even better. It’s a small island that takes about 30 minutes to bike around the entire thing. The hike to the top of the tallest mountain ends in the most beautiful view.
My favorite part of the hike was being able to drink the purest water straight from the stream.
♥ What is your favorite food or snack?
♥ What do you like to do in your free time?
Watch TV shows on Amazon Prime. I’m currently watching “Divorced” with SJP, which is crazy because I just finished all six seasons of Sex and The City, followed by the movie.
- Saundra @ 30 and Thriving (Hey boo! She also makes really pretty decorative Wall Letters!)
- Tahnee @ Black Pumps Pink Slippers
- Nicole @ Thirdeyemom
- Pamela @ Bee Organized with Pamela
- K.C. @ Black. Bunched. Mass. Mom.
- Chelsea @ Just Sea For Yourself
- Rebekah @ You Are Worth the Risk
- Belinda @ The Honeybee 901
- Robbie Lynn @ Chit Chat with Robbie
- Kristina @ Simply Unscripted
- Kim @ KP Fusion
Their Nominee Questions
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
- What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own / owned? Why?
- What fictional place would you most like to go?
- What job would you be terrible at?
- When was the last time you climbed a tree?
- If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?
- What is the most annoying habit that other people have?
- What skill would you like to master?
- When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?
- What takes up too much of your time?
- What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?
Accepting your nomination for “The Sunshine Blogger Award”:
♥ Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
♥ Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
♥ Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
♥ List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW NOMINEES OF THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD!